We Are Family Helping Families
When you are facing legal issues that affect your family, you want lawyers on your side who will protect you, your family and your future. At The Hoyt Firm, our family law attorneys use more than 60 years of combined experience in divorce and family law issues for clients in Rome, Georgia, and all of the surrounding areas.
Tailored Solutions For All Your Family Law Needs
The Hoyt Firm confidently handles a wide range of issues within the area of family law, including:
- Divorce: We handle all manners of divorce, including those involving spouses who are cooperating and contentious spouses. Though it may not always be possible, we are dedicated to pursuing an end to the divorce process in the most efficient, cost-effective manner.
- Property division: Since Georgia is an equitable distribution state, assets that are determined to be marital assets are divided between the parties in an equal and fair manner as deemed by the courts, but not necessarily 50-50.
- Alimony (spousal support): Though not all divorces result in alimony being awarded, the courts very carefully consider a number of factors when determining if alimony is warranted, such as the length of the marriage, age of the parties and financial contributions to the marriage by each party, among others.
- Child custody and child support: Whether the issues arise during the course of a divorce or between parents who have never been married, our firm can assist with any and all matters involving children.
- Legitimization: Often referred to as paternity, we help clients in the process through which parentage is established. Once a DNA test has been completed, and a child has been legitimized, child custody and child support orders can be created.
Contact A Family Lawyer Today For Help
To learn more about the representation we provide and how we can assist you, call our family law and divorce attorneys today at 706-622-9812 or contact us online. We offer a free initial consultation.