In many areas throughout the country, law enforcement officials and prosecutors are taking a harder line on criminal matters. Even seemingly minor criminal charges can leave an individual facing serious consequences. If you find yourself in this position and need the help of a lawyer, it is important to know that experience matters.
At The Hoyt Firm in Rome, Georgia, our criminal defense lawyers use more than 60 years of combined legal experience and insight when handling all types of criminal matters in state court. We focus our attention on you and your needs, pursuing a resolution to the case that suits your best interests. Whether we fight to have the charges dismissed, work to arrange a plea agreement with the prosecution or take the case to trial, we keep you at the forefront of the case.
Aggressive Criminal Defense Representation
We protect your rights in all felony and misdemeanor matters, including:
- DUI/DWI: Drunk driving is taken very seriously by the courts and these cases are often zealously prosecuted.
- Drug offenses: Ranging from the possession of marijuana for personal use to trafficking large amounts of illegal narcotics, convictions in drug cases often result in very severe punishments.
- Domestic violence: Any family or spousal abuse can have an impact on all aspects of your life, including your ability to be in your home or around your children.
- Violent crimes: Assault, battery, weapons possession, manslaughter and murder are just some of the types of crimes considered violent offenses.
- Sex crimes: Rape and other sex offenses are viewed as some of the most heinous types of crimes, leading to prosecutors seeking maximum penalties upon conviction.